The Lumpy Universe

Posts on a variety of topics of interest, including current events, politics, economics, technology, science, religion, philosophy, and whatever else comes to mind. Not affiliated with The Lumpy Universe at NASA/Goddard (sorry--I just happen to like the name).

Name:
Location: United States

29 October 2009

Prayer Works

Like many of you [many of none, perhaps?], I have had prayers answered in ways that are, well, a blessing. Some of them are quite interesting and unique experiences. Let me share one.

I was in the process of disassembling the outside of my house - it wasn't originally built quite right, but that's a different story. As I was prying off the trim at the top of the wall, I couldn't get it completely off because the drip edge on the roof was in the way, and I didn't want to damage the roof. I pried the bottom edge out and could see the nails holding the trim, but I needed some way to saw through or cut off the nails. Since I don't own a reciprocating saw, I thought of using a hacksaw blade to saw through billions of nails. Right. That would take forever. Then it occurred to me to use a pair of bolt-cutters that my wife had bought at a yard sale many years before. I knew right where they had been stored - in the garage. So I went to grab them.

They weren't there.

If you know anything about our garage, you would understand. I looked and looked, but couldn't find them. Well, I was a little discouraged. I was trying to get the wall finished before winter, and it seemed like there were just too many things slowing me down.

It occurred to me I ought to pray about it - pray for assistance to find them. I resisted at first, but finally became so frustrated that I stopped where I was, closed my eyes, and said a brief prayer asking for assistance to find the bolt-cutters. I probably didn't pray with a lot of faith, but I did it. I opened my eyes, and discovered I was looking directly at the the red handles of the bolt-cutters. Not near them, not above them, not below them. Right.At.Them.

Needless to say, I was pretty thrilled and grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home